Posted by on Oct 9, 2015 in Mission & Ministry News, Retreats, Take48 Retreat | 0 comments

Over 40 students retreated to Cape Cod on the weekend of September 25th-27th for Take48, the annual fall retreat for first-year and transfer students at Emmanuel College.

This yearly tradition was once again hosted at the cozy, cottage-style Craigville Inn, located at the Craigville Conference Center in Centerville, Massachusetts. Nestled among the trees and a short walk from the beach, the Center provided ample opportunities for retreatants to sink their toes into the sand and savor the scenery.

Take48 invites first-students to reflect on their past, their present, and their future with three questions, “Where have I been? Where am I now? Where am I going?” Three student leaders gave meaningful and inspiring talks about the joys and challenges of relationships, making tough decisions, and overcoming obstacles in life. Through individual reflection and small group discussion, retreatants reflected on their own lives and shared with another. DSC_0329

Many retreatants found the small group discussion to be their favorite part of the retreat. “My group was amazing. We really connected,” said one student. Many other students shared the same on their evaluations. The retreat was “very helpful in making friends and connections with other students.” The retreat is all about meeting new people, making friends, and building community.

When asked if they would recommend this retreat to first-year or transfer students next year, retreatants responded with a resounding yes. “I would definitely recommend this retreat. It gives you a chance to slow down and reflect and meet new people you may not have met on campus.” Perhaps the greatest praise came from another student who said, “This has been the best weekend thus far – even after 2 days, I found out something new about myself and my path.” It appears that for some, taking the time to get away and reflect with their peers really made a difference.

take48selfie